IT Security Audit Plan and Deliverables Templates
Download Free IT Security Audit Plan and Deliverables Templates. This templates cover step by step to perform security audit and deliverables that should be submitted to the client/user.
1. Vulnerability Scanning
This involves scanning the infrastructure set up to reveal any existing vulnerabilities.
2. Report Audit
This involves auditing reports that are regularly generated as a part of the Security management process of the organisation. Audits are conducted on: Logs – logs that are maintained within the system (syslogs) by the network, system and database components. IDS Reports – reports that are generated by the Intrusion Detection System on an on-going basis. Any other reports that are maintained/generated by the organisation as part of its security maintenance program.
3. Security Architecture Audit
This involves auditing the existing security architecture of the organisation.
4. Baseline Auditing
This involves auditing the security setup to verify that it is in accordance with the security baseline of the organisation. Deviations are recorded to analyse compliance during the audit period.
5. Internal Control and Workflow Audit
This involves auditing the existing workflow in the organisation to ascertain whether it is sufficient to handle and escalate response to security issues.
6. Policy Audit
The Security policy is audited to ensure that it is in line with the business objectives of the organisation and complies with standards that the company follows or wishes to follow.
7. Threat/Risk Assessment
Assessment of the various risks and threats facing the company’s Information systems. Taking into account the results of the audits, this assessment gives an overall picture of the security risk/ threat to the organisation.
1. Vulnerability Report: Presents vulnerabilities in the company’s IS setup.
2. Threat/Risk Assessment Report: Presents the various threats and risks the company faces as a result of the existing vulnerabilities including faulty policy, architecture, etc.
3. Audit Report: An Audit report is prepared giving a security overview, and the results of all the audits and reports are prepared and presented.
1. Certified Internet Security systems (ISS) specialists
2. Network, OS and database specialists
3. Certified Information systems auditor (CISA)
|Free Download Attachment||Size|