IBM Password Recovery for Administrative Account
- This security recovery utility tool only unlocks the administrative account on the DS Storage Manager on which the tool is run.
- This task only explains how to use the security recovery utility tool to unlock the administrative account. The topic "Unlocking a user account" describes how to unlock a non-administrative user account.
- The security recovery utility tool is a script that is installed in a file directory. You run the script from the directory.
Step by step method
1. Press the Enter key. The script runs and the administrative account is unlocked. The password is reset to the default (admin).
2. Open the Web-based System Manager tool and enter the IP address of the HMC that you want to unlock the password for. Press Enter.
3. Enter the HMC (hardware management console) password.
4. Navigate to the Service Applications folder and select Service Focal Point.
5. Select Service Utilities from the Tasks list, and then highlight the storage facility.
6. Navigate to Selected > Get HMCs, and then highlight the HMC.
7. Navigate to Selected > Start/Stop ESSNI, and then select Reset under the Security Recovery Options.
8. Click Apply.