Facility and site selection is difficult task to do. There are a lot of criteria that to be avoided or to be prioritize. Selecting the best location from the physical security perspective is a complex task. Before doing this selection process, it's better if you review or go through the checklist and list of criteria of the best facility and location selection.
For each criteria you can create a simple scoring system and based on the calculation you can choose the best facility and site that suit you. Below list of physical security guideline.
- Avoid the iconic, trophy, historic, listed, or high-profile sites and/or locations near such sites
- Avoid the uncontrolled public facilities for vehicles (e.g., tunnels, parking areas, etc.) directly beneath or adjacent to the site
- Seek maximum setback from the street on all facades
- Seek maximum physical separation from neighboring buildings
- Seek convenient external assembly points
- Seek close proximity to emergency services
- Seek easy access to major roads or arteries
- Seek sole building occupancy or sole floor occupancy at a minimum
Download Free Antivirus Control Policy Templates
A very good antivirus technology would be useless if without proper internal control, especially people control. Or in extreme example even the world best antivirus technology would not give any advantageous if the user turn off the automatic update do to it will reduce the computer performance.
Viruses, worms, and other malicious software can destroy critical or confidential data, compromise security, and generate a large volume of network traffic. A small number of infected computers can have a catastrophic effect on NC State's networked systems and on the campus's ability to perform core business and instructional functions. Therefore, in order to protect the campus computing infrastructure, the University is implementing a requirement for the use of anti-virus software.
Anti-Virus Software Requirement and Responsibilities
A. All University owned computers connecting to the campus network (including computers connecting via the NC State wireless network (Nomad), NC State VPN, or NC State modem pool) that are running one of the listed operating systems
The Chicago Flood vs The World Trade Center 9/11 Disaster Recovery Strategy. Here is the comparison
The Chicago Flood : Impact
- One of the worst business disasters
- 230 buildings lost power for a couple of days
- Valuable government records were in jeopardy
- Extensive impact on electrical and computing systems
- The greatest financial impact on the CBOT, losing 25 billion in trading of 36 products
- Using Alternate Site Services approach
- Providing the alternate site nearly identical to the customer’s damaged site
- Implemented by Comdisco Continuity Service
Download Free ISO 27001 Information Security Management Questionnaire Certification as per ISO 27001
The purpose of this ISO 27001 Information Security Management Questionnaire Certification is to collate information within the scope of the project meeting in order to prepare a quotation and assist the certification body in contract review. It forms part of the audit documentation. The statements will be verified during audit stage
ISMS responsibility for the ISMS
- has been fully and separately regulated on all levels (e.g. independent ISMS representative)
- to some extent includes supervisory, cross-site functions (e.g. at operating level)
- is administered at all levels by the persons responsible for the other MS