business continuity plan
Financial institutions need to be prepared to resume operations as quickly and efficiently as possible after a disaster or other adverse incident. In an Internet environment, these threats may include the loss of Internet access by the institution or loss of access to the institution via the Internet by its customers.
The contingency plan should cover the following areas:
- Define the roles and responsibilities for each team member in the event of a problem situation.
- Identify the risks posed by each system deployed.
- Detail strategies and procedures for recovery.
The Chicago Flood vs The World Trade Center 9/11 Disaster Recovery Strategy. Here is the comparison
The Chicago Flood : Impact
- One of the worst business disasters
- 230 buildings lost power for a couple of days
- Valuable government records were in jeopardy
- Extensive impact on electrical and computing systems
- The greatest financial impact on the CBOT, losing 25 billion in trading of 36 products
- Using Alternate Site Services approach
- Providing the alternate site nearly identical to the customer’s damaged site
- Implemented by Comdisco Continuity Service
Download Free Non Profit Organization Business Continuity Plan
The following is a Sample disaster recovery plan. Please note that this plan is provided to generate ideas only on the creation of an organization's plan. It is not intended to be a complete work. Plans can be developed using many different formats this represents just one. Additionally, not every recovery function is represented and not every plan component is presented.
Download Free Sharepoint Files Databases Disaster Recovery Plan
The SharePoint Database
All information in all SharePoint sites is stored in the SQL database, including data, configurations, and customizations. SharePoint will use the types of databases in the following table, depending on whether you are using MOSS or WSS.
Content Databases (MOSS and WSS): All documents, news, links, contacts, calendars, and so on.All Web Parts and their settings.All customization of sites done with SharePoint Designer.
Config Database (MOSS and WSS): All team site names and their configuration properties.All site collections.All portal sites, including portal areas.All general configuration settings of the SharePoint server.
Download Free Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Testing Plan and Maintenance Template
Basically the BCP Testing and Maintenance Process consist of four basic step which are:
1 Design the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) testing.
- Document the objective(s) and scope and of the BCP testing,
- Identify participants,
- Identify the test facilitator(s),
- Develop the BCP testing,