data leak prevention
Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is series of concept which also known as:
- Data Loss Prevention/Protection
- Data Leak Prevention/Protection
- Information Loss Prevention/Protection
- Information Leak Prevention/Protection
- Extrusion Prevention
- Content Monitoring and Filtering
- Content Monitoring and Protection
FBI’s National Computer Crime Squad has the following advice to help protect against computer fraud:
1. Place a log-in banner to ensure that unauthorized users are warned that they may be subject to monitoring.
2. Turn audit trails on.
3. Consider keystroke level monitoring if adequate banner is displayed. Request trap and tracing from your local telephone company.
4. Consider installing caller identification.
5. Make backups of damaged or altered files.
6. Maintain old backups to show the status of the original.
7. Designate one person to secure potential evidence. Evidence can consist of tape backups and printouts. A pieces of evidence should be documented and verified by the person obtaining the evidence. Evidence should be retained in a locked cabinet with access limited to one person.
8. Keep a record of resources used to reestablish the system and locate the perpetrator.
Data Leak Prevention (DLP) / Anti-Data Leakage (ADL) Tools Basic Function
- Discover: Find confidential data wherever it is stored, create an inventory of sensitive data, and automatically manage data cleanup
- Monitor: Understand how confidential data is being used whether the user is on or off the corporate network, and gain enterprise visibility
- Protect: Gain visibility into policy violations to proactively secure data and prevent confidential data from leaving an organization
- Manage: Define universal policies across the enterprise, remediate and report on incidents, and detect content accurately within one unified platform.
1. Vontu, Symantec Data Loss Prevention
Symantec Data Loss Prevention delivers a unified solution to discover, monitor, and protect confidential data wherever it is stored or used. Symantec offers comprehensive coverage of confidential data across endpoint, network, and storage systems - whether the users are on or off the corporate network. By measurably reducing risk, Symantec gives organizations new confidence to demonstrate compliance while protecting their customers, brand, and intellectual property.
2. Tizor's Mantra
Mantra Database Monitoring and Protection for Compliance, Security and Data Assurance
A new class of network based monitoring and protection solution, Mantra provides real-time auditing, monitoring, reporting and theft detection for critical data assets. Mantra is the easiest data auditing solution to install, configure, deploy and use. It audits activity across all major databases, file systems, packaged applications and operating systems such as UNIX, Linux, Windows and Z/OS.