A four-stage vulnerability management system should be developed. It should ensure that vulnerabilities are identified, that a decision is made as to how to react to those vulnerabilities, that there is careful testing prior to patching and that actions are tracked so that success (or otherwise) can be monitored. This system should:
Download free Data communication control audit checklist such as:
1. Is a unique hardwired ID code, requiring no human intervention for its use, incorporated into each workstation device (PC, laptop, personal digital assistant [PDA], etc.)?
2. Is this ID code checked and validated by the computer to ensure that no unauthorized workstations are used?
3. Does the communications system avoid the general switchboard to reduce the data transmission error rate and the chance of wiretapping?
Oracle Database is one of most powerful database in the world. Almost very secure, very stable but it doesnt mean that Oracle Database is 100% free from security threat. Below checklist of Oracle Security Audit that can be used as part of daily security monitoring, comply to ISO17799 or ISO27001 regarding IT security configuration. You can rely on this Security Checklist for your better Oracle Database Configuration.
This security audit checklist could be used for almost all Oracle Database version, from Oracle8, Oracle8i, Oracle9i
The goal of Enterprise Risk Management is to identify, evaluate and manage key risks impacting an organization’s ability to achieve it’s objectives and strategies. This document provides a template to inventory and assess critical risk areas (business functions) and the associated risks embedded within each area.
When using this template, for each area, please rate:
* Current process control effectiveness on a High / Medium / Low scale
* Past performance history on a Good / Fair / Poor scale
* Personnel adequacy on a Good / Fair / Poor scale
Then, please rank the top ten functions/risk areas, based on the threat of embedded risks on achieving the company's objectives and strategies for the upcoming year. Consider the following when ranking the top ten risk areas:
IT general controls typically impact multiple applications in the technology environment and prevent certain events from impacting the integrity of processing or data. Computer operations, physical and logical security, program changes, systems development and business continuity are examples of processes where general IT controls reside. These IT controls are “pervasive” because they can have an impact on the organization’s achievement of financial reporting objectives germane to many of it processes.