- Is the number of passwords that users have to memorize reduced?
- Can the user authenticate without performing additional steps?
- Is the number of authentications that users have to perform reduced?
The PC Tools Password Utilities includes useful features to make creating and managing passwords much simpler. Included are three main features:
- Password Generator - is an offline version of the web-based Password Generator which allows you to securely and easily create passwords locally on your own PC.
- Password Checker - a new feature that lets you check the quality and strength of a password. By entering your password in the checker it will run a series of tests on the password to indicate how strong it is, and therefore how easy it may be to guess or crack.
This paper describes several password management approaches and includes guidance on password policies and how to enable password synchronization to multiple authentication stores by using Microsoft® Identity Integration Server 2003, Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1 (MIIS 2003 with SP1).
Nobody likes having to think up new passwords, which often leads to people using the same ones over and over. Even if you do come up with some good passwords, how in the world do you keep track of them for all of the different sites you visit? Luckily, the Firefox development community has come up with numerous extensions to help you not only create new passwords, but also manage them across numerous sites and multiple computers.