1. IT Security Risk Identification
- What IT services are being provided to the organization related to cyber security or FISMA compliance (e.g., externally facing Internet systems, systems that have personally identifiable information (PII), etc.)?
- What are the organizational and IT units, and how are they managed (e.g., the centralized IT services group, an IT outsourcer, etc.)?
- What are the other relevant regulatory and contractual requirements for the organization process (e.g., HIPAA, NERC, interagency agreements, contractual service level agreements, the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), etc.)?
- What technologies and IT processes are being used for an in-scope asset (e.g., Microsoft Windows Server, Sun Solaris, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.)?
- Are there any high-level risk indicators from the past to be aware of (e.g., repeat audit findings, frequent outages, etc.)
WITH A SYSTRUST EXAMINATION, THERE IS AN AUDITOR’S OPINION. In addition, the service provider provides a management assertion and a system description that are attached to the auditor’s opinion to form the SysTrust reporting package. Optionally, the reporting package can also include a schedule of controls that the service provider has implemented to address the Trust Services criteria.
SysTrust Auditor’s Opinion
To the Management of XYZ Service Provider, Inc.:
Microsoft Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard Compliance (PCI DSS) Requirements Matrix Template
Download Free Microsoft Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard Compliance (PCI DSS) Requirements Matrix Template.
Requirement 1 Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
Risk Assessment; Network Security
Requirement 2 Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters.
Requirement 3 Protect stored cardholder data.
Document Management; Risk Assessment; Data Classification and Protection
Requirement 4 Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
Risk Assessment; Messaging and Collaboration; Data Classification and Protection; Network Security
Download Free Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) IT Security Examination Procedures Examination Procedures
Examination Objective: Determine whether the financial institution has established an adequate written Information Security Program and whether the program complies with the Guidelines Establishing Standards for Safeguarding Customer Information mandated by section 501(b) of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999.
Download Free Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 4.0 is an integrated planning toolkit that has ability to:
- Identify what servers, workstations, and network devices are in their IT environment.
- Discover all computers within Active Directory and workgroup environments.
- Hardware and device inventory, hardware compatibility analysis,
The latest version adding new capability such as:
- Windows 7 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment