Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing Plan Templates
Download Free Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing Plan Templates
Vulnerability Assessment - Utilizing vulnerability scanners all discovered hosts can then be tested for vulnerabilities. The result would then be analyzed to determine if there any vulnerability that could be exploited to gain access to a target host on a network. A number of tests carried out by these scanners are just banner grabbing/ obtaining version information, once these details are known, the version is compared with any common vulnerability and exploits (CVE) that have been released and reported.
Benefits of Vulnerability Assessments
- Build and broaden awareness.
- Establish or evaluate against a baseline.
- Identify vulnerabilities and develop responses.
- Categorize key assets and drive the risk management process.
- Develop and build internal skills and expertise.
Scope of Vulnerability Assessment
- Identify all critical vulnerabilities 'physical and cyber' and develop appropriate response options.
- Identify and rank all key assets from a security perspective.
- Develop the business case for making security investments and organizational changes that will enhance security.
- Enhance awareness and make security an integral part of the business strategy.
|Free Download Attachment||Size|